Thursday, July 12, 2007

Special room


The person who's selling this is trying to pretend they've moved and this no longer fits their decor. As much as I would LOVE to believe this is the true setting for this lounge suite, I've gotta say it seems a lot more likely to be a staged room. Especially since they're offering free shipping - because normal people do that all the time.

But how fabulous would it be to visit someone's house and find this whole set-up? Especially with the lamps, they are pretty bloody amazing. Of course, they wouldn't be friends of yours, because you couldn't possibly be friends with someone who had this taste, but it would be great if they were a family friend or something. $4000 will get this "French Provincial" fugliness in your home.

7 comments:

ZUBA said...

I would be more than happy to change the colour to something more akin to the fabric on the couch in the entry above.

Karenkool said...

Hooo... WOW! Those lamps totally put me over the edge.

becstar said...

Chris, I think if you did that you would create something so overwhelmingly fugly that you may rip a hole in the space-time continuum. You're playing with fire there, mate!

Karen, I know, seriously - has there ever been an uglier lamp? Could be a whole new blog in that. I offer that idea up to the blogosphere, though, as I hardly have enough time for my couches as it is.

Rebecca said...

well if they were friends of mine (how I wish) they soon wouldn't be when I rocked up with my filthy, running, jumping, vegemite- fingered kids, now would they??

becstar said...

Oh, yes, Rebecca! Vegemite-fingered kids is JUST what this room needs. You're a genius!

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't joke about this not being someones real lounge suite as a woman i work with showed me photos of her new renovations and it totally looks like that (bit more of a blah colour though if you can believe!)

becstar said...

Oh, Hannah, honey, if you could get me some copies of those photos SOMEHOW - wow, I can't begin to tell you about the excitement that would induce...